Democrat and Independent Thinker..."The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." -Nietzsche

Commenting on many things, including..."A government more dangerous to our liberty, than is the enemy it claims to protect us from." - Keith Olbermann

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Spicy

One of my beloved kitties, Spicy, was hit by a car driven by some son-of-bitch who didn't even bother to stop last night. The same bastard managed to kill my neighbor's cat, Pepper, at the same time, apparently. How you hit two cats at once, I don't know, unless you're drunk, stoned, or just too fucking stupid to live. How you do that, and just keep going without stopping to knock on a door can only mean you have no respect for life, so the bastard better not let me find him for I have none for him.

When I was looking for him, I found my neighbor's cat dead, and thought Spicy was just hiding. I searched for hours and he finally showed up at my back door. I thought he was just traumatized, possibly in mild shock, perhaps because they may have been playing together at the time. I nursed him through the night but his breathing became labored and his neck started to swell badly and it was only then that I knew he had been hit, too.

I rushed Spicy to the emergency room then, they stabilized him, but he has chest injuries and is at my vet's now. It may be a couple of days before we know if he'll live and I have no funds for extraordinary measures, so his brothers and mother may lose their littlest runt of the litter, and I may lose my heart.

I probably won't post until this is past. I'm all tranked out anyway and may be for awhile.

I'll be back eventually. It may take every dime I have, so if you don't see a post for awhile, it means I'm minus high-speed till I can catch up. But, I'll be back, even if I have to go to dial-up. Don't give up on me or the blog. It's the only thing that keeps me sane these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your health problems and you poor cat. Hang in there. I okayed your link for The Blue Republic, and am sure you'll be gettting some visitors from there.