Democrat and Independent Thinker..."The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." -Nietzsche

Commenting on many things, including..."A government more dangerous to our liberty, than is the enemy it claims to protect us from." - Keith Olbermann

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Just a little (yawn) bored

Just like Paul over at America's Least Wanted, I had a rather unexpected but welcome response to Bush's press conference today.

I didn't scream, or flinch, or howl, or bang my head against the wall. I didn't feel sorry for him, and I still think he's a stupid shit, but I didn't feel anger. I was pleasantly surprised that he didn't sound petulant, or appear to be frustrated or spoilt himself, as he almost invariably has, at least to me. I actually heard one or two things come out of his mouth that I didn't completely disagree with, so this is progress.

He's still a lying liar. I don't know if he lied last week when he said he wasn't firing Rummy, or if he lied today when he said he was planning last week to fire Rummy, but he lied nonetheless. It doesn't appear that the press is in the mood to let him off the hook anymore. Y'know, ratings are everything.

I don't even feel so depressed anymore. There is hope for the future.

No comments: