Democrat and Independent Thinker..."The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." -Nietzsche

Commenting on many things, including..."A government more dangerous to our liberty, than is the enemy it claims to protect us from." - Keith Olbermann

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Just because I feel like picking on Santorum some more

Normally, I wouldn't indulge in kicking a dog when he's down, but in this instance, I'll make an exception.

Check out Rick Santorum's Beastly Politics in The Nation:

"In 2003, during an otherwise routine interview with a female reporter from the Associated Press, the Pennsylvania Republican startled her by spontaneously suggesting that repeal of laws banning sodomy would lead to "man-on-dog" sex. "I'm sorry, I didn't think I was going to be talking about 'man-on-dog' with a United States senator," the reporter interjected. "It's sort of freaking me out."
...

Recently, John Miller of National Review declared that Santorum's loss would not only cost the right wing "one of its most talented warriors" but would also be "a repudiation of conservatism itself." Yet the movement that animated Santorum's ideology on matters from abortion to "man-on-dog" sex is already looking beyond him for their next political host body. They are especially interested in outgoing Massachusetts governor and possible GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney."

I knew there was at reason why Mitt Romney made my skin crawl when I first noticed him as grand master (or whatever they call it) in the Olympics (whatever year that was).

Hey, if it ain't baseball, I ain't paying attention.

No comments: