Democrat and Independent Thinker..."The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." -Nietzsche

Commenting on many things, including..."A government more dangerous to our liberty, than is the enemy it claims to protect us from." - Keith Olbermann

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Obama Christmas Carol

Found this over at Skeptical Brotha and thought it well worth sharing. I'm skeptical about Obama, too, because I haven't heard him say much of anything, although he has a hell of a way of saying nothing. Senator Clinton hasn't won my vote yet, either. The only potential candidate who has actually spoken to issues and has a voice out there is John Edwards, born just a ways down the road from me. A good little ways, but a ways. 'Bout half a county.

Like Obama, he's catching hell for not having served years in Congress, which is nothing but good news to me, as it is likely to be to most people. Both are very, very bright and that is exactly what we need. Smart people running the country, for a change. I'm pretty much thinking that an Edwards/Obama ticket might just be the victory team the Dems need. Clinton/Obama would probably proved to be just too too for the country, as much as it pains me to even think. Clinton/Edwards, yeah, I can see it. But, I don't see Clinton taking the second seat for anyone and good for her.

I was half listening to some dimwit on Chris Matthews a little while ago and he was making the argument that American's won't vote for someone they perceive as being too intelligent. Whaaaaaat? I'll tell you what. That's what we've got right now and if this is what you get voting for a good ol' boy drinking buddy, please let the people learn. If they don't, I'm moving to Switzerland. Where it snows. Which brings me back to:



Joy to the World

Joy to the world! Obama has come.
Let earth receive her King;
Let every heart prepare Him room;
And consultants and pundits sing,
And consultants and pundits sing.
And consultants and consultants and pundits sing.




Joy to the world, our Savior Obama reigns
Let consultants his campaign employ.
While Whites and Blacks, Latinos, Asians, and Native Americans
Repeat the Talking Points,
Repeat the Talking Points
Repeat, repeat, the Talking Points





Obama won’t let sinful Republicans win again,
Nor let Wingnuts infest the Congress;
He comes to make His blessings flow
And remove the curse on Dems,
And remove the curse on Dems,
And remove, and remove the curse on Dems.





He rules the world with platitudes and grace,
And makes the nations prove
The glories of His vacuousness.
And wonders of His hype,
And wonders of His hype,
And wonders, wonders of His hype.






Oh, gawd! I just heard Scarborough ask is America just not ready for a woman news anchor, intimating that is the reason Katie Couric isn't doing so well at CBS. Because she's a woman, you see. Not the format. Or the content. Not because she's a bit of fluff who never asked a tough question in her life. Like Scarborough. Who ostensibly has balls. As if it made a difference. So, I digress. Bite me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John Edwards was my Senator and impressed me with his mainstream earnestness. His ambition, caught me off guard. I didn't think he was ready to be President in 2004. Now that he is ready and talking about the right things, I think it is too late.

The Hype around Barack Obama is a little unsettling for me. The love affair with him continues and its really beginning to turn the stomach of millions. The best that can be said of him is that he is fearless about his writing. The personal anecdotes he shares with his readers about his children and marriage give him a depth I didn't know he had. Having said that, I still think he ain't ready.

God Bless,

Skeptical Brotha